Do you want to work for a company that is committed to making a positive impact in the world? Are you the type of person that loves to develop enterprise customer relationships and help them solve critical operational challenges. Do you hate selling widgets?
The Aquacycl team is seeking a Key Account Manager that will ensure all existing and new enterprise clients have a positive and trusting consultative sales experience with Aquacycl throughout the whole sales process.
Aquacycl provides wastewater treatment as a service through a consultative sale cycle. A contract sale can take twelve to eighteen months to close and all key stakeholders within a customer account must feel supported and valued along each step of the process.
The Key Account manager must clearly communicate Aquacycl technology and service differentiation, customer value, and ensure that all stakeholders in a deal have the critical information needed to make rapid and informed decisions.
Our vision is to enable a healthy and vibrant future for people and planet. We imagine a world where wastewater treatment and sanitation are accessible to everyone, anywhere in the world, regardless of available energy grid or sewer grid. Our team is driven to realize this vision and we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with individuals who are equally passionate about making our vision a reality.
Aquacycl is a Series B funded early-stage company that is serving global brands with ambitions to revolutionize distributed wastewater treatment in industry, agriculture, and residential applications (www.aquacycl.com).
We are currently focused on helping industrial clients meet their sustainability goals by enabling cost-effective wastewater treatment while also reducing energy consumption and lowering GHG emissions during wastewater management.
Who you Are
Are you a fast learner who leans in with curiosity, creativity, tenacity, and attention to detail? Do you have a keen interest in solving customer problems with sustainable and innovative solutions? Are you an excellent project manager who is highly organized, detail oriented and hyper-customer focused with a strong understanding of consumer product goods operational processes? Do you thrive in fast-paced, quickly changing situations, where you can apply your industry knowledge, interpersonal skills and consultive expertise? Does collaboration and teamwork feel natural to you?
Are you ready to learn something new and be a part of communicating a truly unique value proposition in the water industry? Do you love interacting with customers and building trust to best understand the best solutions to solve their complex problems? Do you want to be pivotal to building a culture where every person loves coming to work, feels valued, and has critical input into seeing the business succeed?
About the Role
You must be fiercely committed to supporting our sales efforts by being a great team member and jumping-in to help with anything in the queue that enables sales goals to be met.
Most importantly, our Key Account Manager must represent our brand values and clearly demonstrate the value that Aquacycl brings in every customer interaction.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Identify, qualify, follow-up, evaluate and close deals generated by inbound and outbound sales efforts.
- Sell new business to key accounts and identify new opportunities while shortening the sales cycle.
- Conduct regular status and strategy meetings with the customers to understand their needs and link them to the organization’s product/service strategies.
- Participate in status and strategy meetings with the sales team to anticipate and prepare future development and refine sales tools.
- Coordinate sales forecasts with sales management. Create and execute territory sales plan to meet and/or exceed sales forecast.
- Report activity in Aquacycl’s CRM (HubSpot).
- Regularly reviewing work progress and challenges with Sales and Technical teams to ensure sales goals are met and technical team is aware of customer requirements and suggestions.
Knowledge & Experience
Our Key Account Manager must have a track record of over-achieving on customer satisfaction and quantitatively demonstrating success toward sales goals. In addition, our the successful candidate must demonstrate:
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills along with strong knowledge of consultive selling practices and techniques is desired
- 5-10 years in quota-based sales, demonstrating a background in commissioned, long sale-cycle experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management abilities
- A high-level of initiative with the dexterity to work in a team and independently with minimum supervision
- Talent to handle a variety of tasks, and ability to shift priorities quickly
- Industrial food and beverage manufacturing knowledge, experience working within the consumer packaged goods sector, and/or industrial wastewater treatment knowledge is highly preferred.
- Very strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- The ability to effectively interact with all levels of Aquacycl staff and external partners across multiple physical locations
- Fundamental knowledge of the operational challenges facing Industrial F&B clients including energy, water, compliance and ESG goals
- Excellent project management skills, able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong willingness to learn and professionally grow
- Intermediate expertise with Microsoft Office products (specifically Excel and Power Point)
- Previous experience working with HubSpot is required
- Current/active driver’s license with clean DMV record and evidence of auto insurance
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
We value radical candor and transparent, authentic, and inclusive leadership. We want our managers and directors to be leaders. You will not have direct reports to begin; however, you will be directly involved with growing the team based on regular assessments of company needs.
Location & Travel
Aquacycl is based in Escondido, California. All Aquacycl team members have the flexibility to work from home whenever possible. The Key Account Manager can be remote. However, onsite work is periodically required for team building and learning. Regular travel (30%-50% of time) for domestic and international site visits, installations, events, and sales meetings, is required.
Aquacycl provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary range: $50,000-$70,000 base + commission, bonus, benefits, and equity