What People Are Saying About Us
Pepsi Beverages North America
Former Vice President Engineering
“I would certainly recommend Aquacycl, my experience with them has been very positive”
“One other cool thing about them being electrogenic — you can hook up probes to their computer and they can actually, from down in San Diego, remotely monitor each cell and tell you how healthy the bug colonies are in each cell because they’re releasing these electrons as they eat sugar,”
“On average, the system at the Pepsi plant is eliminating 110 tons of greenhouse gas emissions per month. It also saves the company money because its bills from the utility have dropped.”
Why Wastewater Treatment Needs a New Solution
Currently, just 20% of global wastewaters are treated, with the remaining 80% discharged into the environment with little to no treatment.
The movement and treatment of that 20% accounts for more GHG emissions than the entire shipping industry, so we simply cannot continue using current wastewater practices to close the gap.
Wastewater treatment is a major hotspot for production of greenhouse gas (GHG), specifically methane and CO2. Traditional aerobic and anaerobic treatment systems are energy intensive and produce methane as a byproduct of treatment. These systems would create devastating climate effects if used to treat 100% of global wastewater.
Aquacycl’s modular, distributed biological wastewater treatment solution represents a breakthrough in wastewater treatment by eliminating the negative effects of traditional wastewater treatment by:
- Reducing sludge production and mitigating GHG emissions that would have been generated during aerobic treatment.
- Removing organic material from the process wastewater to enable water recycling and reuse.
- Eliminating dilution of concentrated flows for reduced water demand.
- Generating direct electricity without biogas production to enable an energy-neutral system.
- Providing a distributed solution that can be placed at the source to solve wastewater issues in places that lack a sewage and energy grid.
We’ve worked with leading businesses, organizations and municipalities to deliver cost-effective, scalable technology to address wastewater issues. Join us in revolutionizing wastewater treatment with safety, reliability and a commitment to mitigate the effects of climate change.
What Is Wastewater Treatment as a Service?
Because of evolving regulations and requirements and a growing demand for more efficient processes for wastewater treatment, many industries are looking to wastewater treatment as a service that can reduce costs and simplify treatment.
Aquacycl’s plug-and-play wastewater treatment technology is provided as a service that requires no capital expenditures.
- 24/7 remote monitoring and operation, and if your system needs maintenance, we will send one of our wastewater experts to your site
- No upfront costs
- 100% compliance guarantee
- Performance objectives built into service agreements
- Sludge management as needed, annually or bi-annually.
The modular BETT system, packaged within a 40-foot container, seamlessly integrates into existing setups, maximizing space and unlocking energy, time, and cost savings. It provides a small footprint and flexibility, allowing customers to scale up or down as needed.
Client Success Stories
Case Study: How Aquacycl Exceeded Wastewater KPIS For PepsiCo
A case study on how Aquacycl's wastewater treatment solution allowed PepsiCo to reach their wastewater KPIs and work towards their water goals…Read More
Case Study: Tank Terminal Wastewater Treatment
Case study of tank terminal wastewater, showing 100% removal of hydrocarbons and aromatics to ensure permit compliance….Read More
Case Study: BETT installation demonstrating GHG emissions reduction of wastewater treatment
Wastewater treatment case study demonstrating 80-90% reduction in GHG emissions using Aquacycl’s BETT technology….Read More
Case Study: BETT installation treating discarded beverages at major F&B manufacturer
A major food & beverage company was looking for cost-effective and sustainable alternatives to improve their existing wastewater management at one of their…Read More
Case Study: New perspectives in sugar industry wastewater treatment
Sugar processing is a critical part of the food supply chain, and the environmental impact of processing and refining has been historically high…Read More